We provide a friendly and professional Architectural service working closely with you through all project stages. Clydesdae Thomson has experience in a broad range of building types and offer advice in all phases of project development:
- new build in context
- alterations and extensions
- restoration of listed buildings
- educational establishments
- offices, shops and light industrial buildings
- cultural buildings
- brown field planning
- interior design
Most projects progress through the following basic strategies:
- CONCEPT DESIGN – with you, we prepare a concept design and agree a fee following the Standard Form of Appointment.
- SCHEME DESIGN – we develop the design, agree on the materials and costs, prepare and apply for local authority planning approvals.
- DETAIL DESIGN – we prepare drawings for construction, advise on contractor selection, tendering and building contract.
- CONSTRUCTION – we administer the building contract and check on-site construction.